So I’ve made only a single post on Facebook about it, but this summer I’m planning my vacation to go back to Europe. Right now I’m mostly in the planning and financing phase as I want to have at least 3/4ths of my budget in place by end of April/start of May before I make the purchase for a Late June early July vacation. Here’s a bit of basic information about the idea:
Countries: Germany, France, UK, and Netherlands
Major Points of Interest:
- Europa Park
- Neuschwannstein Castle
- Bamberg, Germany – Capone’s Bar on Zollnerstr if it’s still there
- Eiffel Tower
- Big Ben
- London Eye
- Anne Frank’s House
- Multiple movie reference locations
Travel Expenses: Flight to/from Europe, Flight to Amsterdam from London (appears to be the cheapest/fastest route when both factors are counted), Car Rental from Paris/Germany (due to my knowledge of Germany), Train from Paris to London, and Hotel stays in all locations.
Trip Duration: 8-10days
Fun-Account in the budget: $1,000-$1,500 of the $5,000-$6,000 for gifts, food, drinks, tickets to anything, etc
The actual break down is still being worked out but I’ve started to think in terms of the following:
- Fly from US to Germany
- Rent a Car in Germany to get to and from locations
- I think Heidelberg would be the best bet location for Hotel, close to Frankfurt, close-er to Bamberg/Nuremberg, a few hours to Europa Park.
- Use Rental Car to get around to multiple locations that I have in mind
- Drive from Germany to Paris (6hrs)
alternatively, take a train from Heidelberg to Paris (4hrs)
- Use Car/Cab/Train to get in multiple sights within Paris. Train may be best option.
- Train from Paris to London
- Use Cabs/Buses to get around London.
- Language won’t be a barrier, so finding the best route should be a breeze.
- Take Flight from London to Amsterdam
- Use Cab/Bus/Train to get to 2-3sites in mind.
- Fly home from Amsterdam.
More ideas to come.